Data Protection Information on Cookies, Tracking and Log Files
We use the following tracking tool on our website:
The legal basis for using tracking technologies is our legitimate interest in accordance with Article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR in enhancing the efficiency of our website and (direct) marketing.
eTracker stores data on visitors, IP addresses and the device and domain data of visitors. This data is stored in truncated form or encrypted so that it is not possible to identify the individual user from it.
The collected data is administered in a data center located in Hamburg, Germany using the highly secure, high-quality and highly available data center infrastructure of IPHH Internet Port Hamburg GmbH, which is certified as complying with ISO/IEC 27001:2013.
eTracker gives us insights into the following data:
- When the website was accessed (month, year, week, day, time of day)
- What devices were used to access the website and what browser and operating system those devices use
- What individual pages of the website are visited
- Visitors' regions and languages
- Visitors' click behavior
- Click paths, click frequency
- Dwell times on the individual pages of the website
- Most-clicked pages on the website
- Where the website was accessed from (referrer)
- How often the website or its individual pages were called
- Whether and how visitors return to the website or its individual pages
You can obtain more information on this tracking tool at: https://www.etracker.com/
On visiting our website the system automatically records data and information about the user's computer system each time the website is accessed. The following data ("technical information") are collected:
- Information on the browser type and version used
- The user's operating system
- The user's Internet service provider
- The user's IP address
- The date and time of access
- Websites from which the user's system accesses our website
- Websites accessed by the user's system via our website
The log files contain IP addresses and other data which can be attributed to a user. This might be the case if, for example, the link to the website from which the user accesses the website or the link to the website to which the user switches contains personal data.
The Data are also saved in our system's log files. This data is not stored together with other personal data of the user.
We collect and use this technical information for the purposes of (network) security (to for example ward off cyberattacks), marketing, and to be able to better understand our users' needs, as well as to continuously improve our website and enable users to access the website from their computers.
The data is stored in log files in order to ensure that the website functions properly. This data also helps us optimize the website and ensure the security of our IT systems. It is not analyzed for marketing purposes in this connection.
The legal basis for the temporary storage of data and log files is Article 6(1)(f) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).